01 November, 2013

As of late

It's been awhile now, hasn't it. Here's one just to end the drought. 

How could I have thought that kisses held that kind of power, the sort that could say what words could not, that they in their simplicity and commitment and boldness held this transitional magnificence, as if propelled by myth or long-lost science. And now I don't care; how when faced with it, with the possibility of being part, of baring witness to such an act of simple grace, I pull away. I can't be bothered. The thought has lost its luster.

Maybe I just haven't experienced the kind of want that moves people, that gathers an audience, that rises like a current through your pores, becoming static. The kind of want that turns your body rigid with ferocity, the want that cannot be refused.

Too calculating, too careful. How then, to be taken, perchance, by a tornado-like love, come into my accounting office, rip me from my life and whisk me off to unfamiliarity.

The chance to be unsettled in such a way, to give yourself completely and wholly, past the point of no return -- how exciting it must to be displaced.