10 April, 2013

7: Engulfed.

Lots of blue in this. :))

The waves     are            calming,                      vicious   and   towering     and                    peaceful. 
The boat rocks and                  I             don't               think. 
The coast                                                                    is                 breath-taking. 
The sun  is    punishing                           and fearsome                                              and frightened. 
I think                the sun                   is afraid                    of the sea. 
I think                                             it should be. 

The ocean shifts                 from navy           to aqua            to turquoise             in miles. 
It     weighs and         leans and        stretches and        cranes,             away and back. 
It laps at your heels                        until you're chest-deep. 
When you can't                         touch                          the bottom,      it      becomes         charming. 
You                  forget                  the sun. 
What      is      scorching. 

U nd ern e ath,           below the      wind, the           waves cap           off the ocean. 
The boat is                               gone                            and I              can't                           think.
The water              is calming,       caving and                  embracing. 
As it sw allo w s                    me, the world            ebbs and           flows and           winds. 
I      am      alone. 
I     am     lost. 
I    am    lost    at    sea. 

Get  
lost 
with
 me?